Are you searching for a career to manage the financial aspects of a small locally owned business in order to help the team reach its goals?
Do you have experience with construction related accounting practices and detailed job costing?
Would you enjoy working for a small locally owned St Louis company that has been a benchmark in their industry for years?
Do you value a strong work/life balance?
If you answered “Yes” to any or all of these questions, then we would like to hear from you on why you would be a great fit for our company.
We’re looking to hire a Controller to accurately account for and monitor the financial aspects of our business.
Our current Controller is a long time key employee of the company and looking to retire by the end of 2023. She has agreed to remain on the team to train the new Controller and ensure that this person is competent to take over the role.
Here is a list of the job responsibilities to be performed by the Controller.
- Processing daily bank deposits using our banks’ remote deposit system and posting those deposits into our accounting system (Sage 50)
- Closing out and invoicing Kitchen, Bath, and Appliance jobs in a timely manner to ensure prompt collection of final payments.
- Maintaining the display/stock item appliance inventory spreadsheet on a monthly basis.
- Monitoring Accounts Receivable and communicating with the salesperson and management on what is outstanding and collectable.
- Systematically processing Accounts Payable in a timely manner, taking early pay discounts where available, while also effectively managing cash flow
- Ensuring that we have current COI’s on file for our subcontractors
- Maintaining and updating 1099 and W-9 information in Sage 50 for new and existing vendors
- Maintain and update vendor, customer, and employee information in Sage 50
- Reconcile credit card payments and merchant services statements in Sage 50
- More accounting responsibilities may be added as needed by management.
$1.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Full Time – 40 hours – Monday – Friday
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Aflac
- 8 Paid Holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day)
- Vacation Time
- 401K with safe harbor match
- Employee discount.